Reforming risk management under the new governance
*Please note that simultaneous interpretation will be provided for English and Chinese speaking participants*
The time is now - new regulations in China require banks to shore up additional capital to protect against risks. The change has introduced significant impact on the ways that institutions manage their liquidity, funding and products.
At the same time, financial institutions in China are shifting towards a new growth model by developing new products, investing in capital markets and rapidly expanding overseas. This evolving landscape presents a wide spectrum of new opportunities for the market players and complex challenges for risk managers. What are the key challenges for financial institutions during the transition? How should risk managers prepare for these changes?
The Risk China Congress: Reforming risk management under the new governance is perfectly timed to address key issues and identify trends in China's risk management space. The conference provides excellent opportunities for industry players to exchange ideas and share best practices. The programme features international and local speakers to discuss the lessons learned by global practitioners and how they can be applied to local settings.
Congress highlights include:
- Best practices in credit risk assessment, quantification and bad debt management
- The implementation of Basel II and Basel III
- The top-down approach in Enterprise Risk Management
- Mitigating liquidity risks through improved funding and product innovation
- How to control risks as you are exploring new markets and investment products
- Case study: Transforming risk model results into actionable plans
Our faculty of speakers this year include:
- Simon Page, Chief Risk Officer, BOC Fullerton Community Bank
- Ajay Mathur, Chief Risk Officer, ING Investment Management Asia Pacific
- Frank Tang, Chief Risk Officer, Generali China Life Insurance
- Wen Bin, General Manager, Basel III Office, China Merchants Bank
- Chen Zhongmin, Senior Manager, Market Risk, China Everbright Bank
- Liang Kui, Senior Manager, Asset & Liability management, Bank of Communications
- Wu Lan, Member of Committee of Insurance Solvency Regulation Standards of China, CIRC
- Guan Ping, Head of Market Risk Division, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- George Yuan, Professor, Institute of Risk Management, Tongji University
- Zhu Nan Jun, Associate Professor, Vice Chair of Department of Risk Management and Insurance, Peking University
- HuYifan, Chief Economist & Head of Research, Haitong International Securities Group
- David Little, Director Strategy & Business Development, Calypso Technology
- Patrick Chan, Trading Solution Specialist, Bloomberg
- Don Tang, Global Fixed Income Specialist, Bloomberg
- Jessica Cheng, Director, Risk Solutions China Head, S&P Capital IQ
I look forward to welcoming you in Beijing.
Publisher, Asia Pacific
Asia Risk magazine